Cerignola, Puglia, 71042, Italy
- 6 Beds
- 5 Baths
- Farm House
FARMHOUSE FOR SALE IN FRANCAVILLA FONTANA
Coldwell Banker Ostuni offers for sale in exclusive Masseria Mogaveri, a wonderful historic structure meticulously restored while maintaining the historical and architectural charm characteristic of the area.
The structure of the buildings, built around 1550, can be used as a "residential tourist complex".
It consists of a main area and a subordinate area.
The area of the main building is divided into 3 blocks:
It consists of an entrance tunnel, with an arched vault and a large access door (style ?? 600) in galvanized steel, with a pedestrian door and a peephole.
The tunnel leads to a living room with fireplace, kitchen done in antique style with white hand-made tiles, outdoor summer kitchen, bright and airy, bathroom with antique-style bathroom fixtures and accessories, covered veranda with wood-burning oven and smash, room closet and staircase for access to the first floor. block 2 The entrance tunnel leads to a lounge (suite) which can also be used as a reception, bar, leisure and entertainment area, served by a bathroom and showers. block 3 It consists of a living room with fireplace, a service on the floor, and a double bedroom (room of the ancient owners). The hall leads to the level terrace used as a solarium, and to the staircase to the panoramic terraces of the 1st P.
On these terraces there is a dovecote tower and a watch tower. From this level you can admire the various neighboring farms, the municipalities of Francavilla, Latiano, Ceglie and Oria with its superb castle; all set in an ocean of olive trees. Finishing works External frames in galvanized steel reproducing the style of ancient wooden doors. External showcases in electro-painted aluminum profile with thermal break with double glazing, in style with the ancient wooden doors.
Interior fixtures in solid wood in style with the doors of the time. Plasters and finishes The star and barrel vaults have been restored to their ancient splendor, therefore facing the walls. The walls are plastered in white with natural stucco powders. The lower parts of the walls are treated with special anti-humidifying plasters.
Floors and coverings Floors are screen-printed tiles with seven layers of ceramic glaze reproducing natural stones, mounted according to the "opus romano" module. The white kitchen tiles are all hand made and glazed. Lighting the lighting parts, appliques, lanterns and candelabra, reproduce the ancient style. The external wrought iron torch holders are used for medieval evenings in costume.
The subaltern building area is being recovered, and is divided into 2 blocks: 1st block It is made up of two ancient buildings; one with a barrel vault and the other with a star vault, merged into a single hall that can be used as a conference hall, events, exhibitions, ballroom, restaurant, and more. There are adjacent toilets for men and women. The hall, of about 100 square meters. of useful surface, it has two bright entrances on the area that separates it from the main building; this area (the ancient Aia) is suitable for parties, anniversaries, dances, events, theatrical works and catering with the arrangement of suitable gazebos.
It also has two additional entrances on the opposite side (east). 2nd block This block (former dormitory) consists of four star-type vaults with an ancient fireplace. Four bedrooms can be obtained, two with access from the west and two with access from the east. Is a project under construction for the recovery of the structure, extraordinary maintenance, - building dated 1550-1590 ?? and the construction of four toilets to be aggregated to the aforementioned rooms.
There is an external staircase to access the terraces that overlook the four sides of the structure and therefore the ancient Aia and the garden. The Areas The entire area occupies an area of approx. 16,642; the same is completely fenced with dry stone masonry surmounted by mesh and metal poles. There are two entrances; the main entrance, with an automatic gate flanked by two columns in style, opens onto a tree-lined avenue with two rows of pine trees on the right and two on the left.
Near the main building there is a metal mesh shed covered with climbing plants such as jasmine, passion flower and ivy. The secondary entrance, with manual gate, is in use for the means of processing. The area outside the group of buildings consists of an olive grove area, a parking area of approx. 880, a tennis court area to be finished, a pine forest area, a shaded area with almond groves and prickly pears, and an area reserved for various destinations, including mini lodgings for tourist reception, large swimming pool, play area, and more.
The internal area which has an area of approx. 2,528, which is also completely fenced and therefore defended, includes the block of buildings and the surrounding areas as described below. Free paved area, suitable for anniversaries, dances, catering, as indicated above (the ancient Aia). Garden area with gazebo, flower beds and fountains with water mirror, outdoor showers and surface for future irregular shaped swimming pool of about 40 square meters.
Area to the north: orchard Area to the east: various crops of vegetables and small fruits. The internal area is accessed, as well as from the entrance door, also by a manual gate placed at the back for access to workers and their means of locomotion. Some sections of the fencing of the internal area are of very ancient times; they are, in fact, dry stone walls almost three meters high and with a thickness of over 1. 5 m.
Waterworks An artesian well with prof. of mt. 135. Water fills three cisterns as water reserves.
One, located in the main building to feed the services, the second is outside for irrigation, the third is located in the hall undergoing recovery. On the whole extension there is an irrigation system fed directly from the artesian well. Sewerage with settling tank and Imhoff pit. Trees and plants More than 400 trees have been planted, as well as many special plants.
Below is a list of the varieties of trees present and some more representative plants. Fruit trees and shade Olive - Fig - Prickly pear with white and yellow fruits - Mulberry with white, black and red fruits - Hazelnut - Walnut - Almond - Medlar - Normal and giant jujube - Pear - Rowan - White azure - Apricot - Pomegranate - Black cherry - Cherry - Apple tree - Orange - Bitter orange - Cedr - Lemon - Mandarin - Strawberry tree - Quince - Kaki - Feijoia Wild Moor - Aleppo pine and fruit - Palm - Bamboo cane - Cocus - Mimosa - Red maple - Albizia - False pepper - Rubinia - Oak - Holm oak - Carob - Bagolado - Thuja - Washingtonia pilifera. Pyracantha Plants - Chamaerops - Ivy - Cycas - Dracaena - Yucca - Cactus - Agave - Boxwood - Passion fruit caerulea - Passion flower - Strawberry - Rosemary - Salvi - Caper - Mint - Oregano - Blackberry without thorns - American vine - Jasmine - Wisteria - Musa - Fern - Lantana - Hoya wax plant - Echinocactus - Geranium. Historical features The "Mogaveri" district takes its name from the ancient owners, clerics, belonging to the Episcopal Curia of Oria.
The noble Mogavero family descends from Marco, who lived in 1490, and from Lucretius, Antonio and Leonardo. The ancient Masseria, dating back to around the middle of 1500, was already registered in the Onciario Land Registry in 1592. Notar Ferrari Marsilio was mentioned in deed in 1596. Don Cola Mogavero signs a declaration relating to the olive trees he rented in 1556.
Don Quinto Mogavero, son of Luigi and Giulia Corrente, made a will in 1583. Antonio Mogavero, descendant of the family of Marc Antonio Mogavero, is the most representative and heir to Donato Mogavero. Born around 1550, he was a cleric in 1565; in 1572 he was deacon and Beneficiary of the Chapel of Santa Maria di Costantinopoli. In 1579 he was a secular priest and until 1583 he was out of office.
From 1585 to 1588 he held the duties of procurator in Rome. In 1589 it was present in Francavilla. Since 1591 he has taught music in Venice, where the following publications appear: Canzonette alla Napoletana (1591); First Book of Canzonette for four voices (1596); the Madrigal "Divina Fiamma del Cielo "(1597); the third book of the Madrigals" Vezzi amorosi "(1598). Mogavero, at the service of the Habsburgs, from 1604 to 1621 was a music teacher at the Patriarchal Seminary of Venice.
In 1623 he published the" Score Lamentatorum Ieremiae Profetae "with dedication dated in Madrid. In 1624 Ferdinand of Austria *, (1609-1641) Cardinal Infante of Spain, sent Credentials to the King of Spain Philip IV **, (1605-1665) in favor of Mogavero, who was appointed Director of the Royal Chapel of Madrid until 1634, the year of his death
- Property type Farm House
- Year Built / Renovated 1550
- Property Size 500 Sq M
- Cooling Yes
- Heating Yes
- Air Conditioning Yes
- Rooms 6
- Bedrooms 6
- Full Bathrooms 5
- Walking Distance To Schools
- Walking Distance To Shops
- Walking Distance To Amenities
- Walking Distance To Food Stores
- Walking Distance To Train
- Walking Distance To Bus
- Air Conditioning Boiler
- Private Garden
- Private Parking
- Alarm System
LUXURY OVERSEAS MORTGAGES
221 is a proud partner of Enness Global Mortgages. Enness is a global mortgage provider for high value mortgages. With 221 agents you can benefit from our relationship almost anywhere in the world.Read more
Contact The Agent
Search Prestige Real Estate
Find exceptional Real Estate, including Houses, Chalets, Penthouses, Mansions, Apartments, Condos for Sale
Not sure where to search… select a country or city below to browse through some of the most popular searches